Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I just finished this on audio today. Totally in shock. I WAS HANNAH BAKER. Well, not really, but I SWEAR that could be me telling those stories. That could be ME talking about how hopeless life felt. I felt the SAME WAY in high school, because of other people, and their actions (or non-actions, as it were). High School was a HORRIBLE experience for me. HORRIBLE. Not saying I didn't have friends. Not saying I didn't have fun most of the time. Just saying that the actions of a dozen or so, have had a PROFOUND effect on my life, thank THE LORD I still have one. I was where Hannah was...ready to give up...for many of the same reasons as her, and many others, some of which are nearly unspeakable to this very day. All I can think is wow...just wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment